Public Question #5
Here’s a quick analysis of the voting breakdown for the Open Space resolution that was passed during yesterday’s election:
- Open Space Resolution passed in 5 of the 6 wards; total 2331-1403. Remember that 352 Absentee Ballots in the 4th will likely make this victory even bigger for the Parks once the county includes them.
- It passed in 32 of the 37 districts (passed in only 2 of the 5 districts in 3rd ward)
- Disappointing fact: Of the 440 votes in 4-4 only 59 voted on Question #5 (40-19, in favor of it). Imagine how this could have passed if Campos stood behind it and helped to educate how valuable more open space would have benefited the residents and especially the kids in the HHA.
- Great fact: 4-2 out of 523 votes it passed 367-72; 4-1 was 166-70; 4-3 was 91-28
- 5th Ward was almost evenly distributed 2-1 in every district