Hoboken Week in Review: 2/17/2013
Posted by: Hoboken411 on February 17th at 05:55 am
Hoboken Week in Review – February 17, 2013
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, February 17, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Hoboken Suicide Jumper – Takes his life at Church Towers. Did a second jumper do the same yesterday on Jackson Street?
- Hoboken Sea Wall? – Giant walls protecting Hoboken: A good idea or knee-jerk political reaction?
- Rent control back on the radar – NJ Judge nullifies election, calls for re-vote due to Hurricane Sandy.
- Hoboken Leprecon or St. Patrick’s Day? – A lot of debate about parades, drunks, quality of life.
- Parking meter headaches – Robotic parking meters still busted nearly 4 months since Sandy.
- Lost parking spaces – Pearson construction project along the water compromises places to put your car.
Updates & Events
- Hoboken Blizzard Photos – Plus the winning HDR photos for the movie ticket giveaway!
- Park on Park bids farewell – Iconic parking garage gets demolished for green Real Estate.
- Hoboken Readers Circle Book Group – Meets again this week to talk about “Enduring Love.”
- Red Mango Yogurt – Opens up to rave reviews.
- Nail Atelier – Another finger and toe salon on the way.
- Studio Z Salon – Doomed uptown, for apparently withholding rent checks.
- Energy Kitchen – Supposedly needed a renovation soon after opening.
- Hello, McFly! – Back to the Future car spotted in a Hoboken parking garage.
- Clearview Cinemas – What movie will you see this week?
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed.”
– Mahatma Gandhi