Hoboken NJ Week in Review: 2/10/2013
Hoboken NJ Week in Review – February 10, 2013
The Nemo Blizzard may not have been that bad for us – but other areas saw tons of the white stuff. Let’s count our blessings and hope we can avoid the next few storms and make it through the spring!
Oh, and enter the Hoboken Blizzard Photo Contest – where you can win 10 free tickets to the movies!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, February 10, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Potholes trash cars – One Hoboken pothole was so bad, it ripped a wheel off a car!
- Hoboken wasn’t that bad! – We covered what happened during the (flop) of a storm.
- Hoboken Salt Overload – Either they over-do the sidewalks, or completely neglect. No happy medium.
- Zimmer cares more about media – Than having competence.
- Flu shot or not? – Everywhere you go, someone’s begging to give you flu shots. Do you buy the hype?
- Neighborhood Watches – They used to work, now no one cares until they get mugged.
Updates & Events
- Boa Hoboken – New nightclub coming before the spring.
- ShopRite Reopens – Hooray for food!
- Jo’s Diner – Popular chef heads the newest Hoboken eatery on Washington St.
- Little Town New Jersey – Just weeks away from opening on the waterfront.
- Hummus Bar – Is closed. We have no idea why.
- Vagabondia Vintage – Retro pop-up store closes for good today.
- Park and Garden Hoboken – The future or Real Estate is coming to Hoboken in 2015 uptown.
- Clearview Cinemas – Movies right here in Hoboken. Hard to believe!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Mediocrity doesn’t mean average intelligence, it means an average intelligence that resents and envies its betters.”