Hoboken Week in Review – 10/28/2007
Welcome again to the 100’s of new registered readers this week!
Please feel free to send tips, rants, comments, drinks and suggestions to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
What items were covered in the past week? Here’s a sampling:
News, items of importance & “Hot Topics”:
- Racial Bias Suit – Five Hoboken cops file suit against their own.
- Your (dis)Honor – Some Municipal Judges in NJ are faces charges, many others under investigation.
- Need a light? – Long awaited intersection signal shows signs of life.
- Pumped – A press conference about flooding pumps that were old news.
- Say Cheese! – Proposed photo enforcement system for stop sign violators.
Community Events & Local Sports:
Lots of happenings in Hoboken!
- Open House Tour – TODAY!
- Festive! – Postponed Fall Harvest Festival launches today, too.
- Treat me to a Trick – A summary of various Halloween events in Hoboken.
- Sweep? – Boston is poised to put an end to Colorado’s misery in the World Series.
- Wine Event – New Hoboken411 feature takes us to Jersey City to sample some wine, and explore financial topics.
- 24/7 Grub – New “City Diner” inches closer to opening day.
- $100 and Under – Long-term art gallery opens at Maxwell’s.
New, Updated or Coming Soon:
- Ask the 411 Advisor – New weekly financial feature launches on 411.
- Spread good life – Latest Hoboken retail store opens their doors.
- Scarlett (not Johannsen) – New local college football feature also launches.
Leaving Town, screwed, or mucked up:
- Patience – A few folks are getting a bit worn from this almost year-long battle for the Fourth Ward council seat. We can only predict what mayhem will ensue on November 6th.
- Advertiser – The weekly rag gets critiqued.
Reader Mail Bag:
- Up? Down? Mid? – A reader cites the blatant violation of the “one fare per cab” law in Hoboken.
Fun, Games, Miscellaneous Stuff:
- Enter to Win! – You have till Friday to submit your photos for the First-Annual Hoboken411 Halloween Photo Contest.
- Hobotown – T.G. Heins’ cartoons are getting better each week!
- Still Growing! – 411 reaches yet another milestone.
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- Tools – Man gets shot over personal property dispute. Brought to you by DeWalt.
- Food Facts – Local pet food expert educates readers about pet food fallacies.
Recent Town Incidents: