Hoboken Week in Review: 2/3/2013
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – February 3, 2013
Since I don’t watch TV or sports anymore – I actually totally forgot today was the Super Bowl (even though we’ve been covering some of the Super Bowl Catering in Hoboken). So I’ll make a random prediction just for fun (a complete guess): San Francisco 34 – Baltimore 16.
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, February 3, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Post Sandy Recovery Continues – Hoboken businesses still either rebuilding, or simply empty and for rent again.
- Hoboken roads deteriorating – Seems like city hall is losing grip of the vital infrastructure in this town.
- Space hogs (for the kids!) – If it’s not double-wide strollers, it’s double parking.
- Rockefeller reshaping Hoboken – Uptown Hoboken has started the transformation process.
- Replacement Dog Park – Sandy caused the relocation of our only waterfront dog run.
- 18th Street Light Rail – Would a 3rd light rail stop in Hoboken be of benefit?
Updates & Events
- ShopRite to Reopen – In less than a week!
- Hoboken Trader Joe’s – If rumors are true – one is on the way!
- Ready for a dog? – If so, now’s a good time with Liberty Humane’s February specials!
- Michele La Tour – Hoboken bartender is also a rising reporter and media personality.
- Midtown Philly Steaks – Cheese Steaks back in Midtown Hoboken!
- Clearview Cinemas – Catch a flick if you don’t care about football.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”