Hoboken Week in Review: 1/20/2013
Posted by: Hoboken411 on January 20th at 05:57 am
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – January 20, 2013
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, January 20, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Hoboken *helping* criminals? – By weighing down Police Department – some argue that ill-conceived polices worsen safety in town.
- Still recovering from Hurricane Sandy – Downtown businesses more affected the most.
- Dog hate? – Some signs point to “yes” in Hoboken.
- Useless police calls – Residents can sometimes waste the time of officers in town.
- Facial Recognition at home – As well as the NJ DMV!
- 2013: The year of the Pothole – Expect road conditions to improve? You got another thing coming!
- Wallace Gas Leak – An entire school was evacuated last week. No one was harmed.
- Hoboken Charm – Would you qualify triple-team stroller brigades as charming?
Updates & Events
- Chipotle Grill Review – We think the food is fine, but are there other concerns to worry about?
- Clearview Cinemas – New this week: Silver Linings Playbook.
- Creamy Sriracha Sauce – Hoboken411 thought of it first! Subway owes us!
- Bummed by vacancies? – What should take the spot of the doomed waterfront tanning salon?
- Funny Sidewalk Signs – One Hoboken bar sets the bar on sidewalk witticisms.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“To a human lemming, the logic behind an opinion doesn’t count as much as the power and popularity behind an opinion.”
– Albert Pastore