Get Sandy Stress advice at Symposia Bookstore – Jan 14th
Have difficulty coping after Hurricane Sandy?
For many people, 2012 was a difficult year. The impact of Hurricane Sandy was massive in Hoboken, and not everyone has seen their lives go back to “normal”. Tragedies and traumatic events affect us in many ways, and each person has their own coping mechanisms to deal with trauma, while some may have difficulty coping. Often the psychological effects of a traumatic event are not felt until long after the actual event. The holidays may also exacerbate these feelings, and for many they may be a time of stress, anxiety, pressure and unmet expectations.
Consider the following questions:
- Have you been struggling to feel “normal” since Hurricane Sandy?
- Did you experience anxiety after the Sandy Hook shootings?
- Are you feeling let-down after the holidays?
- Do your worries keep you up at night?
- Have you noticed your child or loved one exhibiting changes in mood or behavior?
- Do you sometimes feel like you have no one to talk to, or no one who understands?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, you may benefit from the support of a counselor.
As a service to the Hoboken community, local counselors will be available during this information session to speak with you individually about your concerns and provide information/resources to those who feel they may need support. If you are interested in finding out more, stop by any time during the session to speak with a counselor or pick up an information packet. You may also fill out a short questionnaire to help us gauge further needs in the community.Hoboken NJ