Hoboken Week in Review: 1/13/2013
Posted by: Hoboken411 on January 13th at 05:55 am
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – January 13, 2013
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, January 13, 2013:
Politics and City Happenings
- Eli Manning honored by PBA – Gets lifetime membership to the Policemen’s Benevolent Association!
- Never call 911! – When in Hoboken – call the police directly!
- Gun Control – Really – how many of you actually think about it carefully?
- 3rd Street Car Fire – Piled rubbish erupts in flames, trashing two cars along with it.
- Drugged Hoboken – Pharmacies are quick targets when weather mayhem strikes.
Updates & Events
- Fresh-U Grill & Juice Bar Opens – New “healthy” food option downtown.
- Hoboken Happy Hours – Do you slug drinks after work?
- American Ballplayers League – A new sports league forms in Hoboken and beyond.
- Clearview Cinemas – Have you forgotten that our only theater has reopened since the storm?
- Bin 14 South of France – A culinary trip to Europe – and the wines that come with it.
- Burger Night! – Mondays don’t have to be boring anymore!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.”
– Thomas JeffersonHoboken NJ