Hoboken Week in Review – 10/21/2007
Welcome new registered readers this week!
Please feel free to send tips, rants, comments, drinks and suggestions to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
What items were covered in the past week? Here’s a sampling:
News, items of importance & “Hot Topics”:
- No Poop Zone – Allegations and counter-claims unnecessarily fly in the 4th ward. We all get to be spectators.
- Memorial – Work begins on the WWII war memorial.
- It’s a wrap – Another council meeting in the books.
- Turtles – This 4th Ward race is more like seeing which coma patient can count 100 sheep first, and not pick up after them.
- T-minus what? – Politics will be the forefront of this site for the next couple weeks. Who will win the 4th ward?
- High Waters – Residents gather to discuss ways to address the flooding. Much back-and-forth takes place in the comments section.
- We need more
cowbellparks! – Progress on the SW6 proposal. Political posturing ensues. Again.
- Holy High Rise – The details come out about the 9-story building All Saints wants to build on their property.
- A regular feature – “Jimmy Justice” would be mad as hell in Hoboken with all the illegally parked “official” vehicles.
Community Events & Local Sports:
- HUNT – Who will win the Free Membership to Club KO?
- Artsy – Today’s the annual Artists Studio Tour in Hoboken. Check it out!
- Autumnal – Next week is a fun Fall Harvest Festival over at Pier A. Bring the kids.
New, Updated or Coming Soon:
- Tavern-astic – Hudson Tavern set to open in a week or two.
- Sign o’ the times – An upcoming diner gets flack for their proposed signeage.
Leaving Town, screwed, or mucked up:
- Not a Hoboken business, but.. – A homeless sex-offender gets free lodging at the county jail for nodding off with a giant knife under his plush park bench.
- Advertiser – The Hoboken newspaper gets critiqued.
Reader Mail Bag:
- Trees and Concrete – A reader sees trees cause damage and concrete on the way.
Fun, Games, Miscellaneous Stuff:
- 411! – This was my birthday weekend. I’m still tired.
- Hobotown – T.G. Heins’ cartoons are getting better each week!
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- Burnt – A sleepy guy wakes the neighborhood with his careless cooking.
Recent Town Incidents: