Hoboken Week in Review: 12/23/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – December 23, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, December 23, 2012:
Politics and Other City Happenings
- Gun Control – A little educational video to get you up to speed in the latest nationwide debate.
- Hoboken bike theft ring thwarted – Over four dozen bicycles recovered.
- Inappropriate Baby Transport? – What places should be off-limits for babies and todders?
- Shopping Local in Hoboken – May not mean what you are led to believe.
- Volunteer Ambulance – Will you donate?
- Roberts washed away – Hurricane Sandy wiped out the former Mayor’s beach house.
- Muni-Meters are cost-prohibitive? – After the storm, Hoboken’s
cash machinesparking meters are proving to be a liability!
- Robot Garage Fail – Technology not working out so well for parking garage customers.
Other Hoboken Updates, Features, Events & Commentary
- Hoboken Movie Theater Re-opens – Took longer than that PATH station!
- PATH Print – Did you get your limited edition piece of artwork to commemorate speedy commuting?
- The World Didn’t End – Hence why this didn’t get a top ranking.
- Dog Pack Walking – How many dogs is too many?
- Feliz Drunk-i-dad – Alcohol and sweaty, grimy Santa suits are all the rage these days.
- Amproso’s Cheesesteaks – Another Cheesesteak shop set to open in January.
- Hudson Baseball Center – Closest batting range and baseball center to Hoboken opens last week.
Today in History
- On this day in 1970, The original World Trade Center became the tallest building in the world for a short while. We all know what happened since then.
Inspirational Quotes of the Week:
“Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted. That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.”