Hoboken Week in Review: 12/16/2012
Posted by: Hoboken411 on December 16th at 05:57 am
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – December 16, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, December 16, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Connecticut shooter Adam Lanza and Hoboken – Hoboken resident Ryan Lanza was the CT Shooter’s brother, and in the spotlight.
- Dangerous parks? – Massive new equipment being installed – potential liability for the city?
- Lowering property taxes – How hurricane Sandy may help save money each quarter.
- Struggling after Sandy – More than a month and a half later – residents still having problems.
- City continues parking illegally – And even drives around with inspection stickers expired for almost a year!
- Stolen Boxes – What are you doing to prevent your shipments from “disappearing?”
Other Hoboken Updates, Features & Events
- Anthropologie – Confirmed that big box retailer coming to the old Blockbuster this spring.
- New Years Eve 2013 – What are your plans for the year-end party?
- Balbo’s Pizza – Closes. To become sandwich shop.
- That’s Italian! – New restaurant coming to mid-town.
- Cugini Kitchen donates – A portion of their sales so you don’t have to!
- Clearview Cinemas – Still closed as of press time.
Today in History
- On this day in 1985, Mobsters Paul Castellano and Tom Bilotti are shot and killed on orders given out by infamous Gambino Crime Family member John Gotti, who then assumed the job of “Boss.”
Inspirational Quotes of the Week:
“This battle for “common-sense” gun control laws pits emotion and passion against logic and reason. All too often in such a contest, logic loses. So, expect more meaningless, if not harmful, “gun control” legislation. Good news – if you’re a crook.”
– Larry Elder
“It’s not a gun control problem; it’s a cultural control problem.”
– Bob BarrHoboken NJ