Hoboken Week in Review: 12/2/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – December 2, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, December 2, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Rebuild Transparency – While other Hurricane Sandy charities are setup properly, the “Rebuild Hoboken” fund has more holes than Swiss cheese.
- Would free parking help? – The local Hoboken economy? Or should we get sales tax breaks instead?
- Emergency Ferry Service – Continues to midtown NYC from Hoboken Terminal.
- Fail Biz Saturday – Why did the local shopping event fizzle out?
- Parking garage fail – Yet another city-run garage mis-managed!
- Cold condos – Tempers flaring as some condo buildings slower to get back online than others.
Other Hoboken Updates, Features & Events
- ShopRite… months – Where you probably won’t be getting your Super Bowl spread this season…
- House of ‘Que – New BBQ spot hoping to WOW Hoboken.
- 35 Minute Bootcamps – Needs help rebuilding, offers promotional deals.
- Legal Beans – Floods so often, makes you wonder if they should even bother anymore…
- Holdays and Divorce – Help for those who are downtrodden this holiday season.
- FedEx breakup – The convenient drop-off boxes disappear. Now you have to walk further.
- TEDx Mystery – Do you even know what they do at these events?
- Whiskey Bar – Undergoing massive renovation and (possible) re-birth into something different.
- Bagel Man RIP – Uptown Bagels owner John passes away.
- Clearview Cinemas – Still closed as of press time.
Today in History
- On this day in 1939, one place I’ve never set foot in opened in New York: LaGuardia Airport.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“As he taught, Jesus said, ‘Be wary of the scribes and the keepers of the law. They love to walk around in richly flowing robes, and to be greeted with great show of respect in the markets, and to have the highest places of honour at banquets. And yet they devour widows’ houses, while hypocriticaly making public shows of reverence. These will receive the hardest judgement.”