Hoboken photo leftovers: Dec. 1st
Hoboken photo remains of the week: December 1, 2012
Little by little, life slowly getting closer to normality in Hoboken over a month since Hurricane Sandy.
Continuing the new photo gallery feature here on Hoboken411 – the “Hoboken Photo Remains of the Week.”
See below for descriptions…
What else happened in Hoboken last week?
In the photo gallery above:
- Photos 1-5: Church Square Park is getting some gargantuan new playground equipment. Fancy and high-tech. A few Hoboken411 readers emailed and said “they look fun” for the kids. But at the same time wonder since Hoboken is in shambles everywhere else, perhaps the money (taxpayer funded or not) could have been put to better use.
- Photos 6-10: Whether installed by local businesses, or for sale at your local flower-bodega (like Fresh Picked), “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas“ in Hoboken!
- Photos 11-13: Domino’s Pizza wishes they had the “flooding restoration in under 30 minutes” guarantee. Oh well. They should be open by the time you read this.
- Photos 14-15: Favorite Irish Pub Nag’s Head also re-opened last week. Back when I drank beer – they had the best pint of Guinness in Hoboken! Smooth and delicious! Don’t forget Carpe Diem opens today at 5pm too!
- Photo 16: Some folks aren’t so lucky. The new high-end Robert Bazouzi Salon was mashed before they even had a chance to fully open. They look like they’re still quite far from finishing the restoration.
- Photos 17-25: Cal’s Christmas Trees has a super-fresh inventory of Canadian stock – and the weather looks nice this weekend. Free delivery which is good for those who lost their cars.
- Photos 26-28: UNSUNG HEROES – A big shout out to the under-appreciated city employees who maintain order in our parks, as well as streets and sidewalks.
- Photo 29: And what’s up with the Hoboken Charter School? Why isn’t rebuilding after the fire there happening faster? What’s the holdup?
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!Hoboken NJ