Hoboken photo leftovers: Nov. 24th
Hoboken photo remains of the week: November 24, 2012
Hope everyone had a safe and happy Hoboken Thanksgiving!
Continuing the new photo gallery feature here on Hoboken411 – the “Hoboken Photo Remains of the Week.”
More Hoboken pictures taken over the last week that didn’t result in a full story here on 411 (but still giving you a glimpse of what happened in town…)
See below for descriptions…
What else happened in Hoboken last week?
In the photo gallery above:
- Photos 1-4: PSE&G, love ‘em or hate ‘em – had worked incredibly hard to bring the power situation back to normal after Hurricane Sandy. Hats off to all the unnamed (and under-appreciated) soldiers doing the grunt work!
- Photos 5-9: Mounds of garbage were still prevalent much of the week. And as usual, thousands of unread copies of the local news rag make their way to the rubbish. When will their advertisers wake up and stop wasting their money?
- Photos 10-13: The Animal Infirmary of Hoboken was one of many local businesses that were essentially gutted by the storm. Work continues re-habbing the building.
- Photo 14: Cal’s Christmas Trees is now in FULL SWING. Nothing better than cheerful holiday decorations to take your mind off recent troubles.
- Photo 15: Pier C Park didn’t receive any damage from the storm other than a little debris. Why was it closed for so long?
- Photo 16: Biblical traffic jams have been the norm in Hoboken – even weeks after the cyclone. And the city wants to stuff 10,000 or more additional residents? Put a moratorium on development for at least the next 10 years, we say!
- Photos 17-18: As the weather gets colder – expect MANY more traffic-disrupting water main breaks like the one that happened yesterday at 3rd & Bloomfield.
- Photo 19: Ever since the Hoboken botched Christmas by throwing away tens of thousands of dollars worth of perfectly good lights two years ago – some enterprising businesses such as Vito’s Deli took matters in their own hands, and added their own festive lights to the main avenue. Way to go!
- Photo 20: Lastly – a gorgeous early morning pre-sunrise photo of the NYC skyline. I think I’ll make a poster out of this!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!