Hoboken Police & Fire Blotter: 11/7/2012
Hoboken crime and fire action: November 7, 2012
- 1:15am (11/8): Two trees down at 4th & Madison. Must be double-coupon night for trees. Terrific.
- 12:15am (11/8): Tree falls on car near 4th & Monroe. Parking garages (that don’t flood) are pretty attractive these days!
- 11:20pm: HPD reports “tree on top of car” at 89 Jackson St. Super! A sick day from work for the driver!
- 10:10pm: Transformer exploded near 5th & Sinatra. Road closed, wires down.
- 9:50pm: Bus stuck and tree down at 8th & Willow. The hits keep coming…
- 9:30pm: 3rd & Jackson – more trees down.
- 9:25pm: 7th & Willow. Guess what? Tree down. Wonder what this winter will bring us…
- 9:11pm: Tree down on car at 911 Washington Street. What a coincidence with timing! (ps, might have gotten the street wrong – sneezed as I overheard it.)
- 9:05pm: Several trees down on Washington between 6th & 7th and 9th on Washington. Damn trees. Taking away precious double parking spots.
- 9:00pm: Branches down 1st & Clinton… Time to buy stock in a wood chipping company.
- 8:50pm: Wintry scene near Helmers’ uptown. My hands are numb. Added “warm gloves” to Christmas list…
- 8:45pm: Branch down on wires near 13th & Bloomfied. Mother nature reminding us who’s in charge.
- 8:15pm: Man passed out at Teak. Unresponsive (possibly not breathing). EMS en route. Can’t be because of the snow, right? Hope he’s OK.
[showhide more_text=”►►►► Show the rest of the day’s blotter action…” less_text=”Collapse Blotter ◄◄◄◄”]
- 8:05pm: HPD reports a tree heavily bent over into the roadway at 9th & Grand. Hasn’t broken yet. They’re shutting Grand down between down to 8th. We’re in a heavy snow band now – more coming.
- 7:55pm: Wires came down already – 5th & Bloomfield. Damaging snow a week after a tropical storm. Nuts.
- 7:40pm: Hoboken fire officials recommend that Bloomfield Street get shut down. “Too many low hanging wires.” Great, does this mean more power outages?
- 7:35pm: Home burglarized at 600 Grand St. Resident gets back from work to find apartment robbed. Thieves don’t care that you have problems of your own.
- 7:17pm: Heavy snow causing wires to sag. Bloomfield between 6th & 7th impassable to fire trucks. Not liking where this night is going…
- 7:15pm: Tree down 1st & Jefferson. Blocking the entire roadway. HFD called to assist. Possible many more like this tonight. Be on guard!
- 6:45pm: Weather update. City didn’t have salters – causing issues for Hoboken Police. Plus – winds picking up – street poles in danger of collapsing. Be careful out there!
- 5:00pm: Car crash 1st & Jefferson. Once again, straight roads hard for distracted people.
- 4:05pm: Pedestrian hit by car at 6th & Jackson. I guess last year’s “snow drought” was enough for people to forget how to drive cautiously when slippery?
More updates to come…