Hoboken Week in Review: 11/4/2012
Posted by: Hoboken411 at 06:45 pm on November 4, 2012
Weekly “Sandy” Recap for Hoboken, NJ – November 4, 2012
Looks like pretty much every story in the past week had something to do with Hurricane Sandy!
Here’s what happened in the past week.
Hurricane Sandy disrupts Hoboken, NJ – far from over!
- Hoboken Power Outages and Hoboken Flooding – Sums up our last week.
- Mayoral Fail? – Many Hoboken residents feel that the situation was handled poorly by our jittery Mayor Dawn Zimmer.
- Should there have been more evacuations? – We were talking about the storm and the likely flooding days before hand – why the late warnings from so-called “officials?”
- Early flooding photos – Some of the first photos that came in after the storm.
- Were you prepared to charge? – Food? Forget that. Here are some MUST-HAVE items for your cell phone if you ever lose power again.
- Residents were scared – Flooding videos as the waters surged.
- Kindness and Disappointment – Many neighbors shared juice – while some business juiced up their prices!
- Halloween Havoc in Hoboken – As the waters receded – we found many scenes of devastation.
- Emerging from the flood – What was it like once trapped residents made their way out of their homes?
- Good politicians – Certain politicians stood out a better than others.
- Eli Manning Looking at Things – A photo of our NY Giants QB in his flooded lobby allowed for a little fun diversion after the storm. He even made this story!
- James Bond Skyfall – With our theater closed due to Sandy – we can’t wait to see the latest 007 flick.
- Hoboken Kindness continues – Community grew stronger the longer we were without power. Including a massive FREE BBQ today too!
- Pre-Made Paleo Charity Event – Free food tomorrow – courtesy of our pals at CrossFit!
- Hoboken resident photo gallery – Many crazy photos from residents affected by the big mess
- Nor’Easter this week? – Pray we don’t get more stormy weather this week!
- Navy Helicopters – And other amazing images collected late last week.
- Businesses completely destroyed in Hoboken – A shocking photo gallery showing just HOW BAD the devastation was.
Today in History
- Sixty years ago today, The National Security Agency was established. Many so-called “agencies” would follow over the years.
- Four years ago today, Barack Obama was “elected” “President” of this country we live in. What will happen in two days?
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“To be prepared is half the victory.”
– Miguel de Cervantes SaavedraHoboken NJ