Hoboken kindness continues
Posted by: Hoboken411 at 01:00 pm on November 4, 2012
Some more Hoboken kindness on Sunday, November 4th
- The Operation BBQ Relief we told you about yesterday at 14th & Washington continues. Amongst other things – they have over 1,300 pounds of slow-cooked pork! Also, the National Guard will be picking a lot of food to deliver to areas where people might not be able to access (like senior buildings, etc.)
- The Elks Lodge No. 74 continues with free food, coffee, water and other snacks.
- The Mason Civic League has also been a huge contributor to the community. They organized over 400 volunteers and have given out 100 pizzas and served over 500 trays of food at her cost. “Come down to 1200 Washington Street and join us. We also have electricity for you to charge your phone or other electronics, as well as food, water, coffee, and other supplies. Together we will continue to make Hoboken a wonderful place to live and raise a family.”
Some more Hoboken kindness on Saturday, November 3rd
- Scott Allan, founder of www.NewJerseyRealEstateGuys.com and Weichert Realtors associate in Hoboken has set up a giant barbecue for residents and servicemen and women. Over 1000 servings! He drove all the way up from Florida last night with hamburgers, cheeseburgers and hot dogs will be served all day at $1 each hot dog and $2 per burger. 3rd and Washington at the Capital One bank parking lot.
- “Operation BBQ Relief” is setting up a free BBQ at 14th & Washington St. Food starting at 5pm. Come on down! This charity raised money online, and has five huge grills set up now. Two fire pits from Massachusetts and three from Jersey. Burgers, dogs, chicken – and even slow-cooked pork tomorrow. See photos below:
- Free sandwiches doled out at 5th & Madison.
- A very large food truck coming to 4th & Jackson shortly.
- More areas getting power back – including Applied housing buildings on 9th Street.
- The church at 1st & Jackson has baby diapers – which is becoming a growing need in Hoboken.
- Elks Club (10th & Washington) continues to supply free food and water for any and all civilians. Plus charging stations as well.
- Jeff from the computer repair shop at 4th and Bloomfield just got back to town, and had no damage – plus has power now. He’s giving away free water, they have heat inside to stay warm, a working bathroom and charging stations for phones. He said he’d be there all day and night if people need. Way to go!
- Fran from Hoboken Dog Wash is offering half-price dogs washes to help “clean the toxic garbage off your dogs paws!” Cannot forget the pooches! Just $10 per dog.