Hoboken Week in Review: 10/28/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – October 28, 2012
Let’s hope that next week’s recap has no catastrophic stories related to Hurricane Sandy!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, October 28, 2012:
Updates, Politics and City Happenings
- Stevens Fire Department? – With all the calls they get plus the upcoming expansion, it’s time for them to step up!
- What Hoboken reform? – Pro-Zimmer loudmouths create Nazi hate images – then cry when they’re exposed.
- United Water shuts viaduct – Maybe that’s where all the brown water came from.
- Hoboken Rent Control – A big election public question.
- Fair Election? – You don’t think they’ll be any fraud in the 2012 Presidential Election?
- Speedy food delivery – You OK with electric bikes on the sidewalk if it means eating sooner?
- Charity Overload – When is something NOT a fundraiser in Hoboken?
- What is best for a dog run? – If you could re-design a Hoboken dog park, what would you do?
- Nut Job Superhero Costumes – Grown men wear fantasy costumes. The world is falling apart.
- Restaurant Stakeout at Liberty – Why does Reality TV need to fix businesses? Can’t people figure it out themselves without the idiot box?
- Bright Lights, little park – Crazy high intensity lighting installed at Elysian Park. At least it’s not dark!
- FSBO Hoboken – How effective is selling your apartment without at Real Estate Agent?
- Clearview Cinemas – See what’s playing today.
Today in History
- On this day in 1929, “Black Monday” – Wall Street Crash. Who invests in this rigged casino anymore anyway?
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“It would be easier to pay off the national debt overnight than to neutralize the long-range effects of our national stupidity.”