Hoboken Week in Review: 10/14/2012
Posted by: Hoboken411 on October 14th at 05:57 am
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – October 14, 2012
Don’t forget the Hoboken Pet Parade today!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, October 14, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Hoboken Charter School Benefit – After a major fire – the school wants families to contribute.
- Are charity fundraisers unnecessary? – One Hoboken parent takes issue with the fundraisers – and apparently isn’t the only one.
- Minion Pincus – One woman, who some feel is unfit even to be a “mom,” is a focal point of the local Board of Education debacle.
- Rent Control Debate – If you’re in favor of rent-control, they have some movies for you to watch.
- YMCA Chemical Bath – Odd liquids spew from 13th & Washington Street.
Updates & Events
- Little Town NJ Chef Competition – Become the chef of Hoboken’s newest restaurant!
- Chipotle Mexican Grill – Set to open this month!
- Turtle Club Hunt – Party with a local bar at the Hunt next week, VIP style!
- Kings Grand Re-opening – Uptown Supermarket finishes makeover.
- Goodie Box – Custom baked goods coming soon downtown.
- Traders of Babylon – Doomed – Comic book store goes bankrupt. Auction next week.
- Pilsener Haus Beer Event – Celebrate 170 years of Pilsner Urquell beer – and meet the brewmaster!
- Hoboken Tacos – Coming soon to a liquor store downtown.
- Robert Bazouzi Hair Studio – Haircuts – not for those barely making the rent.
- Yankee Ferry Bed & Breakfast – Hoboken’s only floating hotel!
- Clearview Cinemas – See what’s playing today.
- Hoboken Oktoberfest – Carry on!
Today in History
- On this day in 1908, The Chicago Cubs won their last World Series. Amazing, eh?
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.”
– Alan Watts