Hoboken Week in Review – 9/30/2007
Welcome again, new registered readers!
Another fantastic weekend in the books. We have festivals, NFL Football, MLB races coming down to the wire, and fruity marketing BBQ’s going on.
Please feel free to send tips, rants, comments, drinks and suggestions to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
What other fun & nutty items were covered in the past week?
News, items of importance & “Hot Topics”:
- Plans! – The SW6 southwest redevelopment plan chugs along, but with support from an unlikely council candidate.
- Clooney gets a few scrapes – Hollywood actor getting into minor accident bores the living daylights out of me. How about you?
- Dirty Water – Supposedly they’re going to do some work to our pipes. Stomach aches and sick days are coming!
- 4th Ward still dragging: – One month and six days left of this story (maybe).
- Re-cap-ulous: – Read what happened in the last Council meeting.
Community Events & Local Sports:
- Mobbed – Practice your waddling skills in the ever-packed twice-annual street fair.
- Save money? Sure! – Grab your set of $10 restaurant coupons at today’s Arts & Music Festival
- Free Food, forced marketing – Toll Brothers feeds attendees again.
- Ton Eighty – Fall dart season in full effect in Hoboken.
- November 2nd – Mark your calendar. Best comedy night ever in Hoboken makes a return.
New, Updated or Coming Soon:
- Soupy – The Original Soup Man has a ribbon cutting.
Reader Mail Bag:
- Horny – A reader shoots video of blaring and obnoxious Light Rail horns.
Fun, Games, Miscellaneous Stuff:
- Internet Hottie – Political Junkie Obama Girl struts her stuff in Hoboken.
- Hobotown – T.G. Heins is back with his weekly cartoon.
- How-to – A refresher on how to better use 411.
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- Endangered Species – Humans would become extinct if Hoboken was “the world”.
Recent Town Incidents: