Hoboken Week in Review: 9/16/2012
Posted by: Hoboken411 on September 16th at 05:55 am
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – September 16, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, September 16, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Attempted rape at midtown garage – City owned midtown garage is not safe, as woman nearly raped in stairwell.
- Shoddy Sinatra Drive – We keep telling you it’s in danger of collapsing. What are they waiting for? SOMEONE TO DIE?
- NJ Transit Plans “flawed” – Waterfront advocates “BOO” Mayor Zimmer’s high-rise.
- Hertz Corner Car finally towed – The car sharing system also has flaws.
- Hoboken Charter School Fire – Closed for over a week, kids get relocated to Jersey City Heights!
- Google Business Photos – Comes to town to take 360° photos of our beloved local bars and shops!
- Bike sharing coming to Hoboken – Shared bikes might lead to disastrous conditions…
Updates & Events
- Hoboken Oktoberfest – Excuses to drink beer and mingle.
- Sabores Mexican Restaurant – Yet another shot at making 518 Washington successful…
- 16 Handles – Does Hoboken have enough frozen yogurt already?
- Mile Square Theatre Fall Fest – Tons of theatrical and comedy productions starting late September.
- With Love Ivan – Mobile doggie boutique comes to Hoboken.
- Hoboken Health Stop – Medical care – 4 hours per workday.
- Clearview Cinemas – See what’s playing today.
Today in History
- On this day in 1959, the very first Xerox Photocopier was unveiled live on TV. Today you can deposit checks into your bank with your camera phone. Who needs paper anymore?
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Whoever cultivates the golden mean avoids both the poverty of a hovel and the envy of a palace.”
– HoraceHoboken NJ