Hoboken Week in Review: 9/9/2012
Posted by: Hoboken411 at 05:55 am on September 9, 2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – September 9, 2012
Don’t forget today’s closing reception for local artist phenom Ricardo Roig at the Hoboken Historical Museum!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, September 9, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Hoboken Charter School Fire – Second day of school, the place burns down. What a shame!
- More high rises will flood Hoboken! – No matter what you read elsewhere – when it’s all said and done, Observer Highway will be a canyon of mega-high rises.
- Jackson St. Mess Continues – The traffic disaster downtown not improving at all. Thanks a lot!
- Bike theft on the rise in Hoboken – Bikes getting stolen like candy from a kid here in town.
- Fire Paranoia – People BBQ’ing in the backyard? Make extra dogs for the firemen that will soon show up.
Updates & Events
- Hoboken Italian Festival – Today’s the last day till 2013!
- Chipotle Mexican Grill – Hoping to wow Hoboken residents soon.
- Cool Kids Cuts – Fancy haircuts for the kids.
- Mad One Jacks expands – Hair salons, however, do not need to be “maddening…”
- Giannone Wine – More booze in Hoboken for the increasing number of livers.
- Viola Vita Fall Collection – See the hottest Italian leather, before Bloomingdale’s even knows what it is.
- Clearview Cinemas – See what’s playing today.
Today in History
- On this day in 1965, the US Dept of of Housing and Urban Development – and in 1966, The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration were both formed. Who says our government isn’t big enough?
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Unlike a drop of water which loses its identity when it joins the ocean, man does not lose his being in the society in which he lives. Man’s life is independent. He is born not for the development of the society alone, but for the development of his self.”
– B. R. AmbedkarHoboken NJ