Hoboken 2007 Fall Arts & Music Festival
Who would go to the Festival?
There are a bunch of reasons why you’d attend the Hoboken Arts & Music Festival:
- To purchase interesting items from the 100’s of vendors who set up shop on Washington Street.
- To enjoy the various tasty (and greasy) food offered.
- To people watch (and bump).
- To see the musical acts.
- To meet up with friends, get drunk and do all of the above.
- To bring your kids to enjoy many of the family-oriented activities.
- To get stressed out, annoyed and suffer a panic attack.
- For #1 & #2 & #6: Go early. At 10am preferably (an hour before official opening). Mill around, find what you like to purchase or eat and get the hell out of there. Best to stay in the night before. 411 “got it over with”.
- For #3 & #4: Anytime is good, but better off going after 1pm. Crowd is tight, 10’s of thousands of people and all entertainment stages going full-swing. Good for hungover revelers from the night before.
- Special Rule #5: If you want a spot in your favorite bar, get there early. Set up camp and create a “home base”. If you’re into the music, find a bar close to your preferred stage. Form teams of people that go out in bunches, alternating turns. If there’s nice weather (like yesterday) you probably want a bar with outdoor seating.
- For #7: If you get stressed out and annoyed, it’s probably healthier if you do not attend. Take a day trip out of town, or throw your own NFL Football gathering if you’re worried about traffic & parking.
See some more quiet pics from when 411 went below (very early). Oscar had an “I Like Grass” t-shirt on!
9/29/2007 Bump- Tomorrow!
“Featuring three stages of live music & over 300 artists, sculptors, photographers & craftspeople.
This year our musical lineup features members of many rock bands that helped create what was known in the early 1980s as the “Hoboken Sound,” including The Bongos who have recently reissued their critically acclaimed debut Drums Along the Hudson with new tracks produced by Moby. This will be their first performance in Hoboken in 20 years.
Other featured bands include: Glenn Mercer of The Feelies, Chris Stamey of the dBs, The Health & Happiness Show with James Mastro and many others.”
Hoboken Fall Arts & Music Festival 2007
Sunday, September 30, 2007 11am – 6pm
Special features include:
- New Addition this year: Green Street includes 20 organizations promoting environmentally friendly products or raising awareness about global warming and other environmental issues
- Fine artists are located between 2nd & 3rd St., so if you are an art collector, this is the place to be. Oil paintings, watercolors, acrylics, sculpture, mixed media, etc.
- Children’s area on 3rd street with rides, games, creative activities, ponies, petting zoo, magic show, face painting, clowns, balloons, live performances and much much more.
- Crafters display / sell handmade: pottery, metalwork, wood items, furniture, blown & fused glass, quilts, household items made from recycled materials, cementware, batik clothing, hand painted furniture, candles, jewelry, dried florals, soaps & lotions and much more
- Food: Lots of great food throughout the fair. Hoboken restaurants will set up street cafes offering an eclectic variety of international foods such as: Thai, Indian, Greek, French, Mexican, Cajun and Italian
Main Stage (First Street)
- 11:45pm – Reminisce
- 12:45pm – Bill McGarvey
- 1:40pm – Chris Stamey Group
- 2:35pm – Glen Mercer
- 3:35pm – Health and Happiness Show
- 4:45pm The Bongos
Sixth Street Stage
- 12:30pm – Urinetown – selections from the NJ Center for the Performing Arts at DeBaun Auditorium Production
- 1:15pm – Amazing Incredibles
- 2:00pm – Gene and the Plumbers
- 3:00pm – The Sensational Soul Cruisers
- 4:15pm – Krystal
- 5:15pm – Orquesta C2
Kid Zone (Third Street)
- 11:45am – Music Together
- 12:30pm – Jen Slaw – juggler
- 1:15pm – Music Together
- 2:00pm – Polka Dot’s Variety Show!
- 2:45pm – Jen Slaw – juggler
- 3:30pm – Baze and his Silly Friends
- 4:15pm – Starfish
- 5:00pm – Baze and his Silly Friends
- 5:40pm – Polka Dot’s Variety Show!