Hoboken Week in Review: 8/19/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – August 19, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, August 19, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Zimmer bloggers sued – Years of alleged defamation on ordinary citizens typically catches up with you.
- Hoboken pedestrian bridge? – What steps might be necessary to enhance safety in the Mile Square?
- HPU screws up again – If it’s not fraudulent tickets, it’s billing theft from Hoboken’s notorious parking scoundrels.
- St. Paddy’s V0.5 – Pub crawl coming next month.
- Motion Induced Blindness – Could be to blame for some pedestrian accidents in Hoboken.
Updates & Events
- Chipotle Mexican Grill – Coming soon to Washington Street.
- Sol Caribe – Apparently didn’t survive.
- Frosty Pooch – Lunch truck for dogs!
- Matt & Meera do brunch – A stellar new weekend meal option in Hoboken.
- HaHa Haven – The only head shop in town!
- Gonzo’s BYOB Comedy – New weekly comedy show at the Monroe Center.
- Clearview Cinemas – Animated movies and action hero re-treads.
- Movies Under the Stars – One week left.
Today in History
- 1909: The first race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Slander cannot destroy an honest man – when the flood recedes the rock is there.”