60 Second Brunch Review: Matt & Meera
Matt & Meera introduces brunch menu in Hoboken, NJ
Back in June – we checked out Matt & Meera (618 Washington St.) and were very pleased with the results of the limited introductory menu.
Well – less than two short months since they opened, Executive Chef Hari Nayak has unveiled a stellar weekend brunch menu. It’s available Saturdays and Sundays from 11am to 3pm – and has some of our favorite weekend bites of the year so far! Read on for 60 second review!
(Note that for a very limited time – Matt & Meera is offering 50% off your entire brunch tab – just so you’ll come in and try it!)
Flavorful new Brunch menu at Matt & Meera
We sampled many items for brunch this past weekend:
- Watermelon & Feta Salad ($6) – Chef Nayak surprised us with this phenomenal salad. Watermelon cubes slightly spiced with black salt, and outstanding fresh feta cheese, onions and greens – we polished this salad off in seconds. A perfect summer opener.
- Watermelon Agua Fresca ($3) – Prior to the meal, my girlfriend was parched – and she wanted something refreshing. The squeezed watermelon drink with a hint of lemon was like nothing else you can find in Hoboken. Amazingly thirst-quenching and tasty.
- Garden Vegetable Omelet ($8) – A basic “garden” omelet cooked and spiced to perfection. Even the home fries stood out with just the right ingredients.
- South Indian Dosa (from $6 and up) – I’ve never had a dosa before, which “looks” like a wrap, but it’s very low carb (made mostly with lentils). Add egg or meat, along with some tangy dipping sauces – and you might replace your typical morning breakfast sandwiches with this uniquely presented dish. Very addicting.
- Steak & Eggs ($15) – Quite possibly the most tender and juicy steak I’ve ever had with eggs (which were served over-easy, my favorite).
- Huevos Rancheros ($9) – Lastly – this was another taste sensation (the spiciest of the group). Mouth-watering salsa, and some amazing black beans with Indian Rice (lighter and less dense than traditional rice). It did come with crispy corn tortillas, though (which low-carbers shy away from). Overall a tremendous dish.
We found out that Matt & Meera is building their reputation the way they want – by a slowly growing group of dedicated regulars (foodies) that truly know a good establishment when they see one. We will definitely be back!