Hoboken Week in Review: 8/12/2012
Posted by: Hoboken411 at 05:57 am on August 12, 2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – August 12, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, August 12, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Curb Nit Picking – A resident parked an inch on a low curb, became $56 poorer.
- Light Rail Bike Lanes? – We might need them as some hipster got hit by a massive train.
- National Night Out – Was a successful event put on by Hoboken Police Dept.
- Stormy Hoboken – Summer 2012 has provided gorgeous weather photography for us to share.
- Destination Pier 13 – Hoboken has a new waterfront spot sure to please many.
Updates & Events
- Little Town NJ – New restaurant coming to Hoboken that strongly supports New Jersey businesses!
- Smokeless Image – Electronic Cigarettes land in the Mile Square.
- Pilsener Haus turns one – Happy Birthday to Hoboken’s only biergarten.
- Lola’s Tapas – Reviewed and enjoyed.
- The Stripe Writer – Returns with a great issue #18!
- 25 Cent Wings! – Available at Village Pourhouse downtown.
- Clearview Cinemas – The Campaign and The Bourne Legacy debut.
- Movies Under the Stars – Only a few weeks left!
Today in History
- 1981: The first IBM PC was released. I actually had one! Today’s cell phones are 1000x more powerful. Yikes!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Although our intellect always longs for clarity and certainty, our nature often finds uncertainty fascinating.”
– Karl Von ClausewitzHoboken NJ