Hoboken Week in Review – 9/16/2007
Welcome to the 200+ new registered readers this week!
Summer is winding down, the cool crisp air is refreshing, and of course yet a third election in the 4th Ward is giving many people nausea. My dog Oscar is cuter than ever, and topics are rolling out faster than babies in Hoboken.
Please feel free to send tips, rants, comments, drinks and suggestions to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
What fun & nutty items were covered in the past week?
News, items of importance & “Hot Topics”:
- 4th Ward, 3rd Time – The Campos vs. Zimmer battle reaches “Trilogy” status.
- iMac411 – Hoboken411 believes that with enough reader support, a free iMac can be attained to help provide better content for you guys! A PC vs. Mac debate ensues. Please sign up today!.
- Take you out to the ball game! – 411 has a kick-ass promotion/contest. Have you entered yet? Do you want free drinks and a nice NY Yankees trip?
- Bridge the gap – The upcoming pedestrian bridge connecting to Jersey City makes some people believe more “undesirables” will infiltrate our city.
- Baby Park – Maxwell Place opens up the dainty new waterfront park. It’s nice! Moms, strollers and kids bombard it the instant it opens.
- More on the SW… – By the time the SW Parks issue gets resolved, we’ll be demanding geriatric “concessions”.
- HHA – Carmelo Garcia was a shoe-in, despite 500 applications. Didn’t we used to care about rainforests, paper, etc?
- Curb it! – City workers update the intersection “confuse the parker” mystery lines.
Community Events & Local Sports:
- Bull! – The Shannon Lounge hosts a major Hoboken dart tournament.
New, Updated or Coming Soon:
- Dive bar turned less divey – Previously dingy bar gets a much need makeover!
- Turn for the better – Excellent establishment will soon open up a breakfast/lunch restaurant uptown. Immediate success virtually guaranteed.
- Long time coming – The old Lady Jane’s bar is apparently getting close to opening under a new name.
- Quality Jewelry, and uh, comic books – A little shop you knew little about relocates. People are finding out they make incredible jewelry!
- Is “Life” good in Hoboken? – Apparently so, as a popular company found a retailer to carry their products here!
Leaving Town, screwed, or mucked up:
- Quiet this week, AGAIN!
- “On the Ave.” – Avenue Bistro & Bar opens up to satisfactory reviews!.
Reader Mail Bag:
- You parking snob! – A reader gripes about selfish and obnoxious parker.
Fun, Games, Miscellaneous Stuff:
- Mob Scene – See how the energy in Hoboken multiplies after summer winds down.
- Point. Set. Match. – 411 gives a pair of US Open tickets away.
- Hmmm. That looks familiar.. – A tougher installment to the periodic photo quiz in Hoboken!
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- Shattered – Reckless vandals ruin many car windshields on Hudson Street!
Recent Town Incidents: