Hoboken Week in Review: 8/5/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – August 5, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, August 5, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Mumford & Sons – Pack Pier A Park for an unprecedented show in Hoboken.
- Rent Control – Still being debated in town…
- Hertz on Demand Abuse – Even with dedicated parking spots – Hertz corner cars still pose an issue.
- Bike lanes are ignored – So much paint, so few bikers – what’s the point again?
- Dangerous Streets – A violent car collision sends debris flying uptown.
Updates & Events
- The Push Stars Return! – Local resident reunites his band that had great success over the years.
- City Chatter will make humans mute eventually – A new app that lets you hit on other people at the bar without making real eye contact.
- Hotel Victor – The food is great here – went back for another tasty review!
- Famous Pizza – An upcoming pizza joint has a lot of confidence in their un-tested product.
- Hoboken Batman – Has a mini-documentary filmed about him.
- Bio and Chic – Closing retail store to focus on the interwebs.
- Clearview Cinemas – More movie debuts.
- Movies Under the Stars – Resumes this coming week (weather permitting)
Today in History
- 1981: Ronald Reagan fired over 11,000 air traffic controllers who went on strike and refused to return to work. You’ll never see those kind of kahounas on a President ever again.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.”