“Dear Hoboken Parking Utility…”
Letter: HPU is run by truly incompetent leaders!
Oh boy – seems like the Hoboken Parking Utility can’t do much right (except steal from residents and visitors). See what Leslie has to say about their latest (ongoing) screw up!
HPU “ecommerce” is a colossal screw up
Ecommerce is still not working. Entered credit card info on site, twice. Get dialing “flower” then no confirmation page or email. Trust me, if I am charged multiple times, I will put into dispute with credit card issuer.
This has to be one of the most colossal screw-ups of ecommerce I have ever experienced. And don’t pass blame to vendor per letter below. It took HPU almost 6 months to realize they had not received payment?!
That’s how that guy stole all of the quarters from parking meters. Lack of competent oversight!
Honestly, cannot believe the incompetency of this department. I have no faith or trust in any of your processes, procedures or policies. Thank goodness I mostly park in garage because this has been a ridiculous process:
- Had to scan all sorts of documents to submit online. BUT, was not told up-front what documents. So had to scan docs step-by-step.
- Wait days, a week for approval.
- Submit payment and receive CONFIRMATION of said payment. AND pay a FEE to pay online vs. a DISCOUNT for unloading work from staff. I presume HPU was manually handling all of these online transactions? RIDICULOUS!
- Find out that payment didn’t go through six (6) months later?!
- Now, I cannot be sure if I have paid or not.
This would be a joke if parking on Hoboken streets wasn’t such a catch-fire issue. Appears to me again and again like HPU is run by truly incompetent leader(s).