Hoboken Week in Review: 7/15/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – July 15, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, July 15, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- NYC Greenway – If you want to see how bike lanes really ought to work.
- Reform-tardation – Some city board members don’t set very good examples.
- City Council – Over-inflation of egos can lead to nausea.
- Proper signage – Our city thoroughfares are chaotic. Even metropolis Manhattan does it better.
Updates & Events
- Pier 13 – New outdoor drinking venue with slick NYC views receives a few complaints.
- Edge Lofts – Sustainable housing uptown gets an update.
- Belgian Beer Night – 10th annual charity celebration coming soon.
- Starr Tutoring – Educational assistance for your kids has arrived in Hoboken.
- The Cheese Store – Celebrates five years in town – a miracle!
- Clearview Cinemas – New movie debuts, and more (Buy your tickets online!)
- Movies Under the Stars – Continues through the summer.
This week in History
- 1985: The first Nintendo video game was released. Now we need 3D glasses and 24/7 entertainment to offset the ADHD.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you’ll look back and realize they were big things.”