July 4th – In or Out?
Does a Wendesday 4th affect your plans in Hoboken?
Every other day of the week guarantees at least a 3-day weekend, sometimes even a full 4-day weekend.
However, this year – I bet it’s hard to find any employer that will give workers two extra days off. So that means most folks have to use vacation days for their long summer weekend – or even get a full week out of it.
If you’re in Hoboken for Independence Day
If you plan on sticking around in town – and don’t have any particular plans – here’s what’s happening at a few select places in the city:
- Hotel Victor Bar & Grill (77 Hudson St.) – Happy Hour specials 4pm to 8pm every day this week including the 4th: $3 drafts, $4 mixed drinks, $7 specialty drinks and all wine half-price. You really also ought to find out what the huge buzz surrounding their tasty Lobster Rolls is while you’re there.
- Liberty Bar (61 14th St.) – They’re close to the best fireworks-watching spot in town – and are offering select wines at 1/2 off as well.
- Turtle Club (936 Park Ave.) – Those planning on going here should note they’re actually closed on the 4th… but they have other great specials this week. Monday: 1/2 off food menu; Tuesday: $1 Buck Shuck; and Thursday Night is their wine club featuring Central Coast, CA.
- Chandelier Room (at W Hotel) – Their big bang deal is $150 for a bottle of Absolut Vodka. Plus famous DJ Theory spinning beats.
- Mikie Squared (616 Washington St.) – Gets patriotic with thirst-quenching red, white & blue sangria pitchers for just $10, as well as $5 frozen margaritas and martinis, and $3 pints of Coors Light & Yuengling.
- Shoprite (900 Madison St.) – If boozing or restaurants aren’t your thing – then maybe the supermarket and homestyle BBQ is your best choice? Some notable July 4th specials at Shoprite are: Chicken breast for under $2/lb. and Sirloin steak for under $5/lb. They also have Black Bear franks at 30% off ($6.99 per pack). See the whole circular here.