Hoboken Week in Review: 7/1/2012
Posted by: Hoboken411 at 05:57 am on July 1, 2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – July 1, 2012
Happy July 1st, everyone. The “dog days of summer” are what lie ahead for the next couple months, so stay cool!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, July 1, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Sinatra Park Money Trap – At what point do you get your head out of the sand and make sound fiscal decisions?
- Dave Mello – Gives the words “reform” and “classy” a bad name.
- No Fireworks at Stevens – You’ll have to pick a different spot to watch!
- Red Hoboken Curbs – Our crazy city “at work.”
- Some bikers are entitled – And hate cars.
Updates & Events
- Matt & Meera – Delicious new restarant opens on the Avenue.
- Kolo Klub – Hoboken’s newest event space opened last week.
- Artichoke Pizza – Looks like words they’re “choking” on.
- Serenity Boutique – Closes up at 8th & Wash.
- eMazzanti aWarded – Microsoft Top Partner of 2012.
- Cool Beans – Refreshing mobile coffee truck quenches thirst and tingles taste buds along the waterfront.
- Downtown Farmers’ Market – The final Hoboken farmers’ market opens up.
- Clearview Cinemas – New movie debuts, and more (Buy your tickets online!)
- Movies Under the Stars – Continues through the summer.
This week in History
- 1979: The Sony Walkman was introduced. Wow, we’ve become 10x more self-centered as a society since then!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
Hoboken NJ– Groucho Marx