Hoboken Week in Review: 6/24/2012
Posted by: Hoboken411 on June 24th at 05:57 am
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – June 24, 2012
I guess we all survived the heat wave. Next!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 24, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Why so many pedestrian accidents? – One Hoboken411 reader found out exactly why.
- The downside of so many Hoboken bars is… – What is left behind on a daily basis.
- What is the most annoying Hoboken trend? – Vote for what bugs you the most!
- Hoboken Stroller Mafia – If you said “Stroller Moms” in the poll above – you’ll want to read this.
- Biking for Dummies – Sad state of affairs when common sense needs to be TAUGHT.
- Hoboken crab cakes are famous – TV news features Hoboken biz making tasty fresh crab cakes.
Updates & Events
- Lana Lounge – Bids farewell to Hoboken – what will come next?
- Kolo Klub – Hoboken’s newest event space
- Hoboken Event Spaces – There’s actually a bunch of places to throw your next bash in Hoboken!
- Liberty Realty – Continues expanding, regardless of the economic climate!
- Clearview Cinemas – New movie debuts, and more (Buy your tickets online!)
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – We’ll be here when you’re ready to escape being misinformed by your doctors and mainstream media – we’re patient and forgiving!
- Movies Under the Stars – Continues through the summer.
This week in History
- 2009: The current Hoboken Chief of Police Anthony P. Falco was sworn in. I bet he has a countdown timer for retirement!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“He who will not reason is a bigot, he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave.”
– William Drummond