Hoboken Week in Review: 6/17/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – June 17, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 17, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Ravi Bhalla Can’t Drive – Top council member breaks multiple traffic laws last week.
- City vehicles endanger everyone – Including drivers and pedestrians with their reckless parking habits.
- Is Hoboken “Dog Friendly” – When people can’t even move to a place in town that allows dogs?
- Hoboken Real Estate – Is it true that the economy has no effect on the Hoboken housing market? That’s what Bloomberg said recently.
Updates & Events
- 7th Inning Stretch – Last chance to see the great play about baseball at Mile Square Theatre!
- Movies Under the Stars – Started last week.
- Urban Nesters – New home decor store graces the Avenue.
- Ciao Belly – Baby store bids farewell. Off to the suburbs!
- The Stripe Writer – Marc McBarron Kessler shares awesome Issue 17 with everyone!
- Clearview Cinemas – New movie debuts, and more (Buy your tickets online!)
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – Not helpful for those that believe mis-informed doctors and mainstream media. It’s never too late to jump ship and save your life!
Today in History
- 2010: Reid Stowe completes his 1000 day voyage at sea from Hoboken. All sorts of weird? Or should more people be like him?
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“We are not hypocrites in our sleep.”