City of Water Day 2012 in Jersey City
Liberty State Park hosts annual “City of Water Day” – 7/14
If you’re interested in a huge waterfront festival that involves free boat & ferry rides, kayaking and much more – read on about the 2012 City of Water Day event presented by the Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance next month!
Celebrate the Hudson River Waterfront – FREE!
A FREE day of entertainment, education & adventure celebrating the potential of our waterfront!
On Saturday, July 14th thousands from throughout the metropolitan region will make their way to the waterfront for the 5th annual City of Water Day Festival, presented by Metropolitan Waterfront Alliance.
A FREE day of entertainment, education, and adventure celebrating the potential of our waterfront, the City of Water Day Festival is held each year in Liberty State Park (South Field next to the CRRNJ Train Terminal) and Governors Island.
Festival highlights include:
- FREE narrated boat tours;
- FREE ferry transit between Liberty State Park and Governors Island;
- kayaking, paddle-boarding, and sailing demonstrations (LSP exclusive);
- the Waterfront Activity Fair;
- special children’s activities like races, sing-a-longs, arts and crafts; live music, delicious food, and more!
See some photos from last year below, and visit www.cityofwaterday.org for all of the exciting details!