Hoboken Week in Review: 6/3/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – June, 3, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, June 3, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Cammarano calls Hoboken home – Even after doing his time – some folks refuse to allow the former Mayor a chance to redeem himself. One strike you’re out? And you wonder why so many relationships in Hoboken are doomed?
- Willow14 still smells foul – Residents set up social media page to get traction. Will that work?
- Sinatra Cesspool – Some folks up in arms over the rubbish on the narrow sidewalks.
- Amazon to charge NJ sales tax – Even though they don’t have to. Go politics!
- Beez in the Trap – Some rap chick named Nicki Minaj talks about the Mile Square.
- Max Payne 3 in Hoboken – Rockstar games inaccurately portrays Hoboken – bothering some residents.
Updates & Events
- Hoboken Family Farmers’ Market – Did you check out the latest, greatest farmers’ market in Hoboken yesterday?
- Michelle Doll – You ready to learn how to be a real artist?
- Lisa’s Deli – A must if you live or visit Hoboken!
- Bijou Birds – Rare birds choose to call the Mile Square city home! How cool is that?
- Green Village Farm – A must visit gardening center if you want the best in the NYC tri-state area.
- Clearview Cinemas – New movie debuts, and more (Buy your tickets online!)
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – Not helpful for those that believe mis-informed doctors and mainstream media. It’s never too late to jump ship and save your life!
Today in History
- 1965: NASA Astronaut Edward White becomes the first man to “walk” in space. Must have been thrilling!
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. A soul mate’s purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so out of control that you have to transform you life…”