Hoboken Week in Review: 5/27/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – May 27, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, May 27, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- FBI makes Hudson County Arrest – Felix Roque, an ally of Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer allegedly did some online hacking!
- Willow14 smells foul – Residents gripe about supposed “toxic” smells coming from uptown development.
- Social tipping point? – Does social networking do more harm than good?
- Hoboken waterfront update – The mile square waterfront will be ready just in time for elections.
- Big Brother lamp posts – High tech street lamps claim to add value, some see it the other way.
- Parking Douche – Russians now have apps for publicly shaming parking offenders.
- Newport Water Park – New wet & wild water park for kids in Jersey City.
- Vacant Waterfront – A great spot along the Hudson sits empty for yet another summer.
- Honest Politicians? – Wonder how an honest politician would speak? Find out.
Updates & Events
- Fleet Week New York – Continues until this Wednesday. See the Blue Angels fly by Hoboken.
- On the FlipSide – Chef Anthony Pino makes new uptown Farmers’ Market the place to be.
- Santorini Taverna – We find you a superb Greek restaurant wholly worth the drive north.
- Giovanni Shoe Repair – Moves a few blocks west, into a bigger space.
- Basile’s Hot Dogs? – Rumors float around about yet another hot dog place coming to Hoboken.
- Iron Arena – New fitness center for serious bodybuilders (by appointment only).
- Clearview Cinemas – The Dictator debuts, and more (Buy your tickets online!)
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – More and more people are reporting fantastic results!
Today in History
- 1986: What was believed to be the first role-playing video game – Dragon Quest – was created. Since then? Probably trillions of hours of human productivity wasted.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Winners compare their achievements with their goals, while losers compare their achievements with those of other people.”