Hoboken Week in Review: 5/20/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – May 20, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, May 20, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Washington St. a disgrace – Hoboken’s main avenue gets worse each week. Total debacle.
- 7 day grace period for dogs – “Dog catcher” contract includes terms for disposal of pooches!
- The future of parks in Hoboken – The politicking in town and our lack of park space.
- Deafening jack hammering – See the video that caused Hoboken city hall to alter paving work.
- Google visits the birthplace of baseball – The Google Maps
spycamera car spotted downtown.
- Stoop Loitering – Bothers some residents.
- HPU steals from everyone – Even pubic service workers helping local residents.
- Michael J. Shurin – Running for Congress – and wants to represent Hoboken.
Updates & Events
- Obama punching bag – A local shop sells a novelty toy that disturbed a reader.
- Pinky ruined – The cool Pac-Man ghost gets destroyed.
- Hunger Construction – A one-of-a-kind baked potato truck, how fun!
- Obesity message botched – HBO joins the mis-information crowd. Such a shame.
- Pete Rose loves Hoboken – Would move here if he could sell his wares!
- Hoboken Holistic Family Wellness Group – New resource for parents.
- Clearview Cinemas – The Dictator debuts, and more (Buy your tickets online!)
Today in History
- 1873: Levi Strauss receives their patent for Blue Jeans with Copper Rivets.