Hoboken Week in Review: 5/13/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – May 13, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, May 13, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Hoboken Cop Car Jacked – A melee in the projects + short staffed police department = a dangerous situation that could have gotten someone killed. Way to go, Zimmer!
- Traffic Light NOW! – Hazardous downtown intersection is a scene of frequent car crashes & injuries.
- Toxic Fumes on 14th Street – One corner quietly suffers from plumes of gas.
- Scooby Van in Hoboken – The mystery van continues getting tickets, but never towed because it would like break apart.
Updates & Events
- Hoboken Chef wins James Beard Award – Cucharamama chef Marciel Presilla receives honorable recognition in the culinary worlds.
- Ibby’s Falafel – Doomed. One down, how many to go? I lost count.
- Calle 6 Cuban Deli – Also doomed. We speculate location and tight hours that did them in.
- Prime 24 Hour – New round-the-clock convenience store coming – with a twist.
- V’s Barbershop – Set to keep men clean cut and shaven uptown.
- Love2Bounce – Giant party room available for residents to rent for any occasion.
- The Hudson Cakery – Professional alternative to Reality TV rubbish.
- Gettysburg, PA – Hoboken411 shows you wicked awesome alternatives to run of the mill “festivals” that bore long-time Hoboken residents. Bing!
- Clearview Cinemas – Avengers, Shadows and Pirates! (Buy your tickets online!)
Today in History
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.”