Hoboken Week in Review: 5/6/2012
Posted by: Hoboken411 on May 6th at 05:57 am
Week in Review
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – May 6, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, May 6, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Space Shuttle Flyover – A neat video of the fruity space plane flying over Hoboken. This will be the last time you hear about it.
- Hoboken Harms Dogs – Ridiculous dog licensing policy here in town endangers all dogs in the Mile Square!
- Drunk Vandals Lower Quality of Life – Nothing is sacred anymore in this city!
- Hoboken Character Dwindling – Soon we’ll be called the “Cookie Cutter Condo Community.”
- Packed like Sardines – There’s only so much development you can fit into Hoboken before people start losing their minds.
- City Council Meets – And spends millions on outside lawyers. Wonder why your tax bills are still sky high?
Updates & Events
- Garden of Eden Doomed? – Downtown supermarket is said to be sold and changing owners. Jeez.
- Baseball in Hoboken! – Awesome new art exhibit about the sport that began in our city.
- Aroy-D Thai Lunch Truck – Quick review – is it any good?
- dear hannah, – New ladies clothing shop already getting rave reviews.
- Genesis Hair Salon – Under new management.
- Flag Football League – Starts this summer at Stevens Institute.
- The Stripe Writer – Back with another glorious issue!
- Drunken Evidence – Clutter our sidewalks each weekend!
- Clearview Cinemas – Checking out a movie today? (NEW! Buy your tickets online!)
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – Wake up and smell the truth, Hoboken!
Today in History
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“God’s truth judges created things out of love, and Satan’s truth judges them out of envy and hatred.”
– Dietrich Bonhoeffer