Hoboken Week in Review: 4/22/2012
Posted by: Hoboken411 at 05:57 am on April 22, 2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – April 22, 2012
Hopefully any flooding Hoboken gets today is at a minimum!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, April 22, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Tim Tebow living in Hoboken? – That’s what we heard – a rental until he finds a property elsewhere in Jersey!
- Frank Sinatra returns! – Not from the dead, but his likeness was restored on a waterfront plaque!
- Spring Arts & Music Festival – Clogging the main avenue two weeks from today.
- Uptown Waterfront partially restored – Hudson River Path now almost finished near the Shipyard. ‘Bout time!
- Port Authority Charades? – Politicians getting frustrated at the lack of transparency in the billion dollar agency.
- Zimmer Recall – Residents leaving graffiti which mirrors their frustration with our current Mayor.
- Signs of the (drunk) times – Drunks leave blatant evidence of their inebriation each and every week here in Hoboken – a new photo feature!
Updates & Events
- WindMill Hot Dogs & Burgers – Opening as soon as this week!
- dear hannah, – Hoboken girls getting excited for the Mile Square’s only “chillaxed” clothing shop!
- Muscle Maker Grill – Set to open this summer on the Avenue.
- Hoboken Antiques – Closes after long time owner passes away.
- Hoboken Games 2012 – Recreational charity event next week for TRUE Mentors.
- Chandelier Room Yacht Club? – Talk that the W Hotel is planning a summer waterfront bar experiment uptown.
- The Pavilion – One more week left for this great play at the Monroe Center.
- Hoboken Photo of the Day – Lots of new visuals including the new Hoboken Drunk Bread Crumbs feature.
- Clearview Cinemas – Checking out a rainy movie today? (NEW! Buy your tickets online!)
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – The low-carb train gaining steam – What are you waiting for? All aboard!
Today in History
- 1970:The first “Earth Day” was “celebrated.” 42 years later, more doubt than propaganda exists on whether humans have any impact at all on the environment we live in (atmosphere and warming more than just unsightly garbage).
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Doublethink – to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed.”
Hoboken NJ– George Orwell