HFA Spring Swap Meet: Sunday 4/22
2012 Hoboken Family Alliance Spring Swap Meet this Sunday
For children’s clothing of all ages!
When: Sunday, April 22, 2012
Time: 9:00-11:00am (accepting Drop off items*); 12:30-2:30 Swap Meet Sales
Location: Hoboken High School – 800 Clinton Street
Cost: Free for HFA members; $5 for non-members (to cover costs; remainder will go to charity)
What to know about HFA Swap Meet
In order to make the swap run more efficiently, we request that you PLEASE DROP OFF YOUR ITEMS DURING THE DROP OFF PERIOD (between 9:00 am-11:00 pm). The swap will be closed during 11:00-12:30 to organize the items we have received.
You will be issued a credit that you will be able to use during the sale from 12:30-2:30. Also, during this drop off period you can “check in” and have your hand stamped, so there will be no waiting in line when the swap opens.
We will now be accepting clothing for children of ALL ages- 3 months to size 16.
Kindly do not drop any items off DURING the sale. Straight donations during this time will be accepted, but are preferred to be dropped off earlier.
How does this swap meet work?
Bring your items to the swap meet and get a credit for each thing you bring. For example, you receive one credit for one item of clothing or multiple credits for larger items such as bouncy seats. You can exchange these credits for clothing, shoes, coats, and toys. Larger baby gear items are for cash purchase only.
If you don’t have any items for exchange or would like to take home more items than you brought, you may purchase items for cash (example: $1 per clothing item, $2 maternity clothes, $2 shoes, $1-$10 toys, $10-$20 larger baby gear) Or, you can just donate your items. Any items you bring, in excess of your purchases, will be considered donations and will go to In Jesus Name.
What to Bring?
- Children’s apparel – newborn to size 14 (items in gently used condition to new)
- Shoes – New or gently used
- Baby gear (strollers, bouncy seats, diaper bags, high chairs, etc. – please be sure to bring all pieces for these items).
- Toys and children’s books (only complete items with all small parts in a plastic bag taped to toy if applicable, and books with all pages in readable condition only, please).
- Maternity clothes and nursing tops.
- All formula, diapers, medicines, food and other baby essentials will be donated York Street Project.
- Please sort and label your clothing donation (i.e. “newborn boy/girl,” “3-6 months boy/girl,” etc. It will save us valuable time in getting the clothing organized for the swap meet. Thank you!
- What is gently used? Gently used means that all clothing is like new and/or has been washed a few times. All clothing is clean and free of stains/tears, which maintains its original color and shape.
- Anything you find in good enough condition for you to use it in your home. If you do not find it acceptable, neither will anyone else!
What NOT to Bring?
- Damaged Clothing
- Stuffed animals
- Diaper Genies , potty seats, underwear, bathing suits
- No adult clothing (aside from maternity clothing)
- Items without all their parts