Hoboken Week in Review: 4/15/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – April 15, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, April 15, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Sexual Assault Uptown! – Ladies – be careful going home alone in Hoboken!
- HPU Assault! – Damning evidence that the Hoboken Parking Utility could be called a criminal organization!
- Missing Daria Found! – Parents who lost their 15 year old girl Daria from upstate NY are relieved to find her in Hoboken!
- Hoboken Help Wanted – Lots of local businesses are hiring. What are you waiting for?
Updates & Events
- Overprotective child care? – Some debate as to how kids are “managed” in Hoboken.
- Gaslight Closes – A once-popular midtown bar/restaurant bids farewell…
- Fresh Pommes Fries Fried – Once trendy french fry joint also packs up and shoves off.
- Giovanni D’Italia – Hoboken’s only shoe repair show set to move west!
- W Hotel ripping customers off? – At least one journalist complains about exorbitant gratuities!
- Hoboken411 – SIX years! – Yeah, we’ve been going strong that long. Thanks for your readership!
- The Pavilion – A great new play for you to see this month in Hoboken.
- The Stripewriter – Marc McBarron Kessler is someone you want to meet before he’s too famous and important!
- Hoboken Photo of the Day – What visuals did we see this week?
- Clearview Cinemas – What movies are showing this weekend? (NEW! Online ticketing!)
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – The low-carb reviews, tips, tricks and snacks continue – for a slimmer, healthier and happier you! If you haven’t started – you can still start today!
Today in History
- 1955: McDonald’s opens their very first franchised location. They have about 34,000 locations now!