Hoboken Week in Review: 3/18/2012
Posted by: Hoboken411 at 05:45 am on March 18, 2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – March 18, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, March 18, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Hoboken targets dog owners for more revenue – The police state of living grows in
Communist Russiathe Mile Square.
- Another Hoboken Fire – A fire damages property at 917 Clinton Street. Luckily no deaths.
- HUMC Lobbyists – Was the hospital bought and sold through political influence?
- How important are the Macy’s Fireworks? – Should you really have an emotion about which river they’re on?
- 300 Washington Street cleaned up – Business can almost get back to normal now.
- Drunks can’t drive straight – As four Hoboken residents will tell you as their cars get bashed.
- Hoboken PBA donates – To a worthy charity.
Updates & Events
- HomeMade Pizza Co. – Pizza – hot oven = doomed Hoboken business.
- Biggie’s Clam Bar – Massive new location coming downtown.
- Hotel Victor – Replacement to Hobson’s coming soon.
- GHOST The Musical – NY Waterway offers discount tickets and a civilized commute.
- Home Gallery – A relatively out of the way spot to get quality Indian furniture.
- Best NYC Skyline Views? – What’s your favorite spot in Hoboken?
- San Giuseppe Pizza – Has a grand opening event for charity THIS AFTERNOON.
- Hoboken Photo of the Day – What visuals did we see this week?
- Clearview Cinemas – SIX different movies to choose from this weekend…
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – The low-carb reviews, tips, tricks and snacks continue – for a slimmer, healthier and happier you! If you haven’t started – you can still start today!
Today in History
- 1968: America ruins our currency by repealing the need for it to be backed by a gold reserve.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“What matters is not what any individual thinks, but what is true. A teacher who does not equip his pupils with the rudimentary tools to discover this is substituting indoctrination for teaching.”
Hoboken NJ– Richard Stanley Peters