Hoboken Week in Review – 8/12/2007
Residents up in arms over artificial surfaces (what would happen if we put fake grass everywhere?), more flooding, cars gone bad, and the usual stuff that makes Hoboken, well.. Hoboken!
As always, feel free to send tips, rants, comments, and suggestions to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
Here are some noteworthy items that were covered in the past week…
News, items of importance:
- Bernie Speaks! – And people still wonder what *really* happened to Senator Kenny.
- Stock Bludgeoning – “Powerful” Hoboken developer Tarragon has money issues. Will URSA help, or are they just saying that?
- Tainted Water Everywhere – It rained hard for a few hours. Widespread flooding ensued. How much of this can Hoboken tolerate?
- City Council Meeting – Complete coverage of the lunacy at City Hall.
- SW Redevelopment – More on the high-profile battle: Parks vs. Developers.
- Art, If I shall – Church Square Park gets some rubbery carpet instead of grass.
- Movies Under the Stars – Weekly Pier A event gets a slight schedule update.
- Katty – Nubile Hoboken resident has her hip-hop concert postponed.
- Run against Crime and Dope – Hoboken is getting good at these 5k runs.
New, Updated or Coming Soon:
- Helmers! – Long time staple of Hoboken re-opens with much fanfare.
- Hollywood – Actress Mischa Barton acquires an Apartment at the much maligned Archstone building.
- Stop! Go! Slow Down! – City puts a new traffic signal in a sorely needed area. Most people think it will just shift the problem.
- Tick Tock – Replica clock tower installation in progress at the Lackawanna Terminal.
Leaving Town, screwed, or mucked up:
- Trees – Waterfront Sycamores became ill and defoliated.
- Railed Took a quick look at The Brass Rail during Hudson Restaurant Week. Was let down.
Reader Mail Bag:
- Waves – A reader wants suggestions for a good beach day trip for his wife and youngster.
Fun, Games, Miscellaneous Stuff:
- Woof! – 411 thinks Hoboken is bursting at the seams. Suggested a few ideas for additional dog runs.
- Hobotown! – Weekly cartoon series continues.
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- Crash! – A suspected drunk driver lays a hurting on two innocent parked cars.
Recent Town Incidents: