Hoboken Week in Review – 8/5/2007
With end of month moving trucks added to the mix, cars were definitely taking a beating this week in Hoboken.
As always, feel free to send tips, rants, comments, and suggestions to: Hoboken411@gmail.com.
Here are some other items that were covered in the past week (sorry I couldn’t attend the Puerto Rican festival and parade – conflicting plans!)…
News, items of importance:
- Homeless debate – A simple reader mail turns ugly. Plus the guy (I mean girl) that runs some other hokey site insults 411 readers.
- Can we go the whole summer? – Without a power outage? Seems like PSE&G may be on the ball in Hoboken.
Chess MatchCheckers Game – Maxwell Place – Never before has a fruity 15 foot opening in a wall stirred up such controversy.
- Ha ha – The Hoboken Comedy Experiment is gaining momentum.
New, Updated or Coming Soon:
- BYOB – List of places that you can drink on the cheap gets a little refresher. Are there and missing?
- Open, Closed, Open – Sky Club gym does a few reps on the door lock machine.
- Summer Sales – A look at some of the shops offering breaks on seasonal merchandise.
- Hoboken Author – Alex Koslow has her “Slacker Girl” book released.
Leaving Town, screwed, or mucked up:
- Limp – Whatever the reason, no more Salad for you!
- Gamey A guest reviewer confirms Arthur’s Steakhouse’s Mediocrity
- Angry Pizza – 7 Star(s) shows it’s inconsistency by making what could have been a beautiful pie a disgusting nightmare.
- Infamous – Another guest reviewer checks out Lounge 11 so you don’t have to.
Reader Mail Bag:
- Botch – The crappy and hardly read newspaper in town edits reader letters to their liking again.
Fun, Games, Miscellaneous Stuff:
- Double Parkers – My goal was just to get an idea of how many cars are double parked at a given moment in Hoboken. Check the fun video with great soundtrack.
- Hobotown! – Weekly cartoon series continues.
Notable incidents, crimes, fires:
- Crushed! – Quite a few vehicular incidents. A bicyclist, an unlicensed driver, another moving truck, hit and run, and delivery rigs!
- Body Snatcher – A child abduction attempt is foiled at Shoprite.
Recent Town Incidents: