Hoboken Week in Review: 2/19/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – February 19, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, February 19, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- HPU on the boot warpath – The respite from draconian parking nonsense was short-lived, as the boot patrol is out in full force again, hurting the local Hoboken economy.
- Poor Snooki – The debate about what constitutes filming, and what requires a permit in Hoboken.
- How’s the Hoboken waterfront? – An update as to the status of the sinking situation along the Hudson River paths in the Mile Square.
- Dog Walker Debate Continues – How do you trust your dog walkers?
Updates & Events
- Third Thursdays – A new walking art tour gets started in town.
- Piri Piri – Portuguese BBQ up for sale on the Avenue.
- Hoboken Photos – A new collection of locally-snapped pictures to enjoy.
- Clearview Cinemas – One new movie added to the lineup this weekend…
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – The low-carb reviews, tips, tricks and snacks continue – for a slimmer, healthier and happier you! If you haven’t started – you can still start today!
Today in History
- 1878: The record player was patented by Thomas Edison. Do you think he had any clue that streaming music over 4G cell networks or satellites could have ever been possible?
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“The envious man thinks that if his neighbor breaks a leg, he will be able to walk better himself.”