Hoboken Week in Review: 2/12/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – February 12, 2012
Congrats again, to Hoboken resident Eli Manning and the Super Bowl Champion NY Giants!
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, February 12, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- Crime on the rise in Hoboken – Who do you believe? Mayor Dawn Zimmer who lies about crime stats to make herself feel good? Or real Hoboken residents that report the truth of what’s happening in town?
- Mike Lenz back in the (negative) spotlight – Some political folks in Hoboken are shrouded in black clouds.
- Hoboken robbing residents, actually! – The city is on a crime-streak of their own – treating ordinary residents as a revenue stream for their own pleasure.
- SW Park nowhere closer – The big “park” in the SW corner of town is no closer than it was SIX years ago! Talk about efficiency!
- More traffic control – A new light becomes active uptown, which adds to the congestion caused by poor syncing – angering residents in the process.
- 1600 Park Update – Photo sneak preview of the new uptown “connecting” park and walkway to Weehawken.
- Walter Barry – RIP – A very influential figure in Hoboken’s waterfront development passes away. Missed by many for his good deeds.
- Do you trust your dog walker? – Seems like some residents getting shafted by unethical dog walkers!
Updates & Events
- Snooki parties at clubs – Just NOT in Hoboken (yet).
- Hoboken Grace – Modern Church adds new Sunday service – at a local watering hole.
- Right Angle – Frame shop opens up a 2nd location uptown.
- NY Waterway expands – Adding late night service on Saturdays.
- Funny Faces by Jessica – A super skilled kids face-painter and entertainer.
- Crop Shop Valentine’s – You still have a chance to have family fun in the name of love!
- Clearview Cinemas – Three new movies added to the lineup this weekend…
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – More low-carb reviews, tips, tricks and snacks – for a slimmer, healthier and happier you in the new year! If you haven’t started – don’t wait much longer!
Today in History
- 1809: Happy Birthday, Abraham Lincoln! If you were alive today, you’d be a young 203 years old! (If you only ate low carb!)
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion.”