Hoboken Week in Review: 1/29/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – January 29, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, January 29, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- HUMC Risky Business? – Statistics show that the new owners of Hoboken’s only hospital had higher death rates in Bayonne than other area hospitals.
- Sneaky litigation – Mayor Zimmer and her supporters Gerrymandering already.
- YMCA creates a scene uptown – Messy construction and union protests mar an otherwise uneventful corner in the Mile Square.
- Hoboken gets no respect – People love our bars, but trash our neighborhoods. Wait till Hoboken Lepre-Con!
Updates & Events
- La Femme at Gallery 1200 – New Art Gallery opened uptown yesterday.
- Sol Caribe – Delights customers with tasty latin flair and great BYOB status.
- Bye Bye Hoboken Farmboy – One less health food store in town due to high rents.
- Anthropologie – But a chain clothing store can afford to pay the hefty monthly dues!
- Dentist Musical Chairs – Dr. Farag moves her dental practice a block south.
- Hoboken Cabinetry – A kitchen decorating showroom opens in the heart of town later this month.
- D & G Interiors – Interior Decorating company sets up shop on 2nd Street.
- Hudson Restaurant Week – Starts it’s second and final week on Monday. Lunch and Dinner specials at select locations.
- Clearview Cinemas – Seven different movies to choose from this weekend…
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – More new updates regarding the low carb life in Hoboken. Reviews, tips, tricks and snacks – for a slimmer, healthier you in the new year!
Today in History
- 2002: The phrase “Axis of Evil” used by George W. Bush in his State of the Union address.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“You are the embodiment of the information you choose to accept and act upon. To change your circumstances you need to change your thinking and subsequent actions.”