Hoboken Week in Review: 1/22/2012
Weekly Recap for Hoboken, NJ – January 22, 2012
A selection of noteworthy posts for the week ending Sunday, January 22, 2012:
Politics and City Happenings
- St. Patrick’s Parade CANCELED – Drunks trashing Hoboken 1 – Parade 0 (Dawn Zimmer -9). Booze Party goes on minus the Irish Tradition. Wah Wahhh!
- Zimmer grilled, acts really dumb – Want to know who’s “in charge” of this city? You might be frightened after watching this video!
- Monarch Project Update – Meeting tabled, but it will be back soon.
- Thieves love Hoboken! – Less cops = more burglaries and thefts. Coincidence?
Updates & Events
- Choc-O-Pain – Hoboken’s only French bakery opens.
- The Cuban – Not a missile crisis, but a new bar / restaurant!
- Office Depot – Has their grand opening along with treats from Cake Boss.
- Super Bowl Catering – A great option for Hoboken residents.
- Hudson Restaurant Week – Starts on Monday, January 23rd. Lunch and Dinner specials at select locations.
- Clearview Cinemas – Some average movies playing this weekend…
- Low Carb Living in Hoboken – A week of new updates regarding the low carb life in Hoboken. Reviews, tips, tricks and snacks – for a slimmer, healthier you in the new year!
Today in History
- 1984: The first Apple Macintosh revealed on TV during the Super Bowl.
Inspirational Quote of the Week:
“Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.”